Road (formerly known as Bridge Street)
Bridge Hotel was the first pub a visitor to Leighton would pass
when entering Leighton Buzzard from Linslade. It was located
on a plot of land between the River Ouzel and the Mill Stream.
It has been known by various different names
over the years. It was first recorded as The
1730's, then successively became The
Running Horse, then The Sow and Pigs, then the The
Shoulder of Mutton, and finally circa 1880 the building
was demolished and the Bridge Hotel was built. This
was itself demolished approximately
100 years later and the site remains vacant.