Leighton-Linslade Past Times: including Billington, Eggington, Heath & Reach and Stanbridge
Contents Menu
Domesday Book
What's in a name?
Town Coat of Arms
Guided Tours
Leighton Buzzard Observer
Trade Directories
Local People
Manorial History
Impacts of Wars
Contents & photos
© copyright Kevin Quick
<< 1868 & 1875 Industrial Exhibitions page


Corn Exchange
Corn Exchange, Lake Street
The Corn Exchange was built in 1862 on the site of the George public house and cost £7,500. The building contained public meeting rooms, shops, lecture rooms, a large assembly room and a theatre. By 1932 the spire was deemed to be a safety hazard and consequently the top part was removed, and the whole building was finally demolished in 1965.
<< 1868 & 1875 Industrial Exhibitions page